Actions: Adaptogen, neuroprotective, immune amphoteric, immunostimulant, anti-inflammatory, expectorant and hepatoprotective.
Indications : Traditionally used in phytotherapy as an expectorant to help relieve respiratory ailments such as mucus accumulation (catarrhs), cough, bronchitis and to help relieve inflammatory conditions of the digestive tract, such as gastritis in adults.
- Adaptogenic plant: Increases the body's resistance to various stresses.
- Adrenal tonic / supports the exhaustion of the adrenals. (During burnout, helps the adrenal glands to produce cortisol).
- Systemic anti-inflammatory / of the digestive mucous membranes, respiratory tract.
- Effect on the stomach bacteria H- pylori.
- Aids in proper digestive function
- Hepato-protective effect
- Immunostimulant (polysaccharides) / Antiviral
- Expectorant / antitussive / Soothes irritated mucous membranes (sore throat).
- Mild laxative (rich in mucilage).
Ingredient: Licorice, (Glycyrrhiza glabra) organic dried root.
Directions: Infusion: 1/2 teaspoon in 1 cup of boiling water, let infuse 15 to 30 minutes, drink 1 cup twice a day. Decoction: Simmer gently for 5 minutes, about 50g of roots (a handful) in 1 liter of boiling water, remove from heat, cover and let infuse for 30 minutes. Filter and drink ½ at 1 cup 2 to 3 /day. (Keep in the fridge). Optional; sweeten lightly with honey or maple syrup.
Precautions: Consult a health care practitioner (herbalist, naturopath, pharmacist, nurse or doctor) before using this herb if you are taking medication, if your symptoms persist or worsen, or if you have liver problems or if you are pregnant.
Contraindications: Do not use this product if you suffer from hypokalemia, high blood pressure, or cardiovascular or kidney disorders. Do not use this product if you are taking diuretics, cardiotonic glycosides, corticosteroids, stimulant laxatives, anti-vitamin K-type anticoagulants or any other medication that may aggravate electrolyte imbalances.
Duration of use; According to Stephen Buhner, in general, licorice is not toxic, even in large (occasional) doses. However, long-term use, especially if you use it alone, and especially if the dose is high, can cause a list of serious side effects. Even the simplest forms such as infusion will cause side effects if taken for several months.
ORGANIC HERBAL TEA, LICORICE, Glycyrrhiza glabra / Roots
- Product Code: 100 g SAC ZIP
- Availability: In Stock