Actions: Venous tonic, anti-inflammatory, anti-hemorrhoids, anti-edematous, astringent, decongestant, healing, antiseptic, regenerative, vulnerary and hemostatic.
Main uses: Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help treat hemorrhoids, chronic venous insufficiency and the symptoms that accompany them and to help treat varicose veins.
- Increase in venous tone
- Venous vasoconstrictor / Varicose veins / Varicose ulcers
- Venous tonic (for chronic venous insufficiency)
- Reinforcement of capillary resistance
- Edema of the lower limbs
- Couperose (external)
- Hemorrhoids (internal and external application)
- Decongestion of the liver (venous return problems / congestion of the portal vein) / congestion of the small pelvis
- Decongestion of the prostate due to congestion of the small pelvis
- Congestive dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation) due to congestion of the small pelvis
- For local application when capillaries are fragile.
Ingredient: Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum), organic dried fruits.
Directions for use: In decoction: Place 1 small handful of the crushed dried fruit in a pot with 3 cups of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let infuse 10 minutes, filter. Drink 1 to 3 cups per day.
Optional; Add honey or maple syrup to this herbal tea (to taste).
Can be combined with other plants with similar virtues; either yarrow, witch hazel and/or plantain.
Tincture: You can make a Tincture from dried fruits in a proportion of 1:5 (1 part dried fruits to 5 parts alcohol from 45 to 60°).
Duration of use / for internal use; No more than 15 to 20 days per month.
External uses: Decoction (herbal tea) or diluted tincture (1 part tincture to 4 parts water). Can be applied externally "Compress (legs / varicose veins, face / rosacea), seat bath / hemorrhoids)".
Contraindications: Do not use if you are pregnant. Do not use if you suffer from gastric or duodenal ulcer.
Precautions: Consult a health care practitioner (herbalist, naturopath, pharmacist, nurse or doctor) before using this plant if you are breastfeeding or taking medication (including anticoagulants), or if your symptoms persist or worsen. May cause digestive irritation in sensitive stomachs. Do not apply to an open wound. Do not use if you are allergic to nuts. Avoid use 2 to 3 weeks before surgery.
ORGANIC HERB TEA HORSE CHESTNUT (Aesculus hippocastanum)
- Product Code: 90 g VRAC SAC ZIP (fruits séchés)
- Availability: In Stock