Immunostimulant, anti-influenza, bronchodilator, mucolytic, antiviral, febrifuge, diaphoretic, sudorific, analgesic, lithotritic, depurative, diuretic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Actions: Used in herbal medicine to help relieve cold and flu symptoms (such as coughs, sore throat and excess mucus from the (upper) respiratory tract (catarrh), help relieve nasal congestion and discharge associated with sinusitis, hay fever/allergic rhinitis.
- Fights infection and relieves symptoms of colds and flu.
- Reduces mild febrile states (diaphoretic/ facilitates sweating).
- Shortens recovery time for flu sufferers.
- Relieves congestive problems of the ear, nose and throat.
- Dries and tones the mucous membranes lining the nose and throat, reducing sneezing, itching, and a "runny nose" in conditions such as colds, allergic rhinitis and hay fever.
- Relieves chronic sinus infections, bronchitis, pleurisy and middle ear problems.
- Diuretic (water retention / edema).
- Mild laxative.
Ingredient: Organic dried flowers of black elder "Elder of America» (Sambucus nigra).
Dosage (Adolescents and adults): Infuse 1(1.5g) to 2(3g) heaped tablespoons in a cup (250ml) of boiling water, cover, infuse 10 minutes and filter. Drink 1 to 3 cups per day. Optional: add a little honey or maple syrup (to taste).
Cautions: Consult a health professional (herbalist, naturopath, pharmacist, nurse or doctor) before using this plant if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are taking medication or if your symptoms persist or worsen.
ORGANIC HERB TEA ELDER FLOWER (Sambucus nigra)
- Product Code: 60 g VRAC SAC ZIP
- Availability: In Stock