Actions: Febrifuge, diaphoretic, stimulate the immune system defense mechanisms, emollient, astringent, antibacterial, antiviral, antitussive, expectorant, analgesic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory
Organic medicinal ingredients fresh herbs1:2 each ml contains: Echinacea Echinacea purpurea root 68mg and 68mg flowering top, meadowsweet* Filipendula ulmaria flowering top 66mg, Elecampane Inula helenium root 52mg, black elder**Sambucus nigra flower 44mg, peppermint mentha x piperita leaf 44mg, marshmallow Althaea officinalis root 42mg, angelica Angelica archangelica root 42mg, yarrow Achillea millefolium flowering tops 30mg, thyme Thymus vulgaris leaf 30mg and catnip Nepeta cataria herb top 14mg. NMI: 50% organic ethyl alcohol, water.
* Meadowsweet is traditionally used for fever and flu conditions and as a support treatment for common cold. One of its components is the spiraein (a derivative of salicylates). The molecule of salicylic acid was isolated from the meadowsweet, hence its name (Aspirin / Spirae, its old name). Helps relieve headaches, aching pains and airway inflammations that can accompany the flu.
** Elder flowers are astringent; they can dry and tone the mucous membranes lining the nose and throat, reducing sneezing, itching, and a "runny nose" under conditions such as flu, colds, allergic rhinitis and hay fever.
Therapeutic indications: Traditionally used to help relieve the symptoms of colds and flu such as fever and cough.
- Helps relieve symptoms of colds, flu and febrile conditions
- Helps fight upper respiratory tract infections and reduce their duration
- Reduces nasal congestion
- Lowers fever by promoting sweating
- Quickly relieves sore throat
- Rich in mucilage, relieves the irritation of the buccal mucous membranes and the pharynx
- Relieves dry cough, bronchitis and tracheitis with irritating secretions
- Helps to expel mucus, while soothing the bronchi
Dosage adults: Take 1 ml (30 drops) 3-4 times daily in a little water a few hours before or after taking drugs or natural health products.
Duration of use: For use beyond 8 weeks, consult a health care practitioner.
Cautions: Do not use during pregnancy and lactation. Do not use if hypersensitivity to salicylates (ASA-acetylsalicylic). Do not use if you are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae/Daisy family. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen, or before use if: you are taking immunosuppressants, you have an autoimmune disorder, you have gallstones, you have anemia, you have peptic ulcer. Do not use if you have heart, kidney or liver disease, high blood pressure or low blood pressure, diabetes or edema or if you are taking products containing diuretics….
- Product Code: 50 ml, NPN 80053478
- Availability: In Stock